There really aren’t many times I go to the mall or a WINNERS, or MARSHALLS, or HOMESENSE where I don’t look for the stationary section. That little Kate Spade collection at CHAPTERS/INDIGO gives me air btw. The point I’m getting at is that I love anything pretty and custom that I can write on – Notebooks, notepads, cards (I’m there).
So let’s take a swing at making some customized notecards of our own. You know there’s someone you have one in mind for.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Blank cards and envelopes (I used the BRIDES/Gartner Studios collection white and black all purpose cards)
- Sticker letters (I used MME Necessities, Alpha and Word Stickers in Black & Grey)
- Decide what you want to write before getting sticker happy to avoid wasting stickers (In my case I thought of little things I typically say that are also edifying and complimentary)
- Use the tweezer to select the stickers. It’s totally optional, but I found it was easier than using my fingers.
- Place the stickers where ever you like, but eyeball where you put the stickers to make sure there’s room for each sticker. I kept my messages short, centred or off to the side to keep it cleaner.
There you have it folks. Get out a pen, flip the card over and let your poetic side shine.