When I found out that ground coffee beans could double as facial and body scrubs I went on a hunt to find one I could try. I was ultimately successful at WINNERS where I came across the line GROUNDED coffee scrub, a UK brand that made it’s way to our Canadian shelves. The scrub I tried is the Orange Chocolate scrub that has these claims:
- Perfect for dry, sensitive skin and Mature skin and leave you feeling incredible every time.
- It enriches skin with Vitamin C, Cacao, Vitamin E and Sweet Almond Oil so you’re left soft and very hydrated.
- It also helps scrub away dry, dead and flaky skin with Himalayan Rock salt and Brown Sugar.
- Moisturizes, Protects, Repairs and Cares.
SOME COMMON BENEFITS:
- Circulation boosting
- Skin tightening
- Cellulite reducing
- Complexion brightening
- Nutrient rich
- Anti Inflammatory
So I tried it and I’ll help you answer whether you should to. Here are the things I noticed from using it – I’ll simply list my observations and you can decide whether it is a PRO or a CON to you.
1.Very Clarifying: After using this My skin felt very clean; I’d even say it was a deep clean. The instruction says that after you scrub your skin you are to leave it on for 10 minutes. I used the scrub on my face and legs and for my face I didn’t follow the instructions that said it should be left on for 10 minutes (I’ll elaborate on this in another point to come). When I scrubbed my legs I did leave it on for about 10 minutes and I don’t know that it made too much of a difference.
2. Medium to fine ground pieces of beans: I like my scrubs to be extra gritty to give me the scrub I need. If you are one who like EXTREMELY fine grinds/beads in a scrub – this may not be your jam. This scrub is obvious and the grittiness can be felt on your skin.
3. Smells like COFFEE baby: I drink a cup of Coffee almost ERRday – so the smell is nothing to me. If you don’t like or aren’t used to the smell of coffee – just keep in mind that coffee scrubs will probably smell like coffee.
4. Tingly feeling on my face: When I put this on my face and started scrubbing I immediately felt a tingling feeling which is why I didn’t follow the instruction to leave on for 10 minutes. I have sensitive, thinner skin – and so this may be the reason why.
5. Removed dead skin from my DRY winter legs: My legs this Winter have been taking a beating. They have been thirsty – and ever since I ran out of my Shea Butter it’s been rough lol. This did take away my dead skin and gave me fresh skin. I’m excited to see how long this lasts.
6. Messy, messy: This scrub is a mess. Period. Set some time aside for clean up and use it in the tub or the shower.
7. My skin was SMOOTH and EXFOLIATED: I liked the after effect of my skin. It’s not the SMOOTHEST my skin has been after a scrub. My skin personally likes Charcoal scrubs more, but I was really happy with the results.